Thursday, December 3, 2009

Of course ma'am!!! I still love you...


If you ask me how was my day today… well! I would say it was some-part better and some-part worse.

Better- because I got a chance to search my book shelf for an old book and accidentally stumbled upon a bundle of old photographs taken during the farewell months of my 12th standard (which we call college in our area).
Worse- because I sat down looking at the photos and got lost in my old memories that it took nearly thirty missed calls (though they claim they were longer rings) from my friends to get me out of those dreams, and I realized that it was already half past 12 and I had to run to office, but as bad luck played its role, my manager caught me and fed me well with his usual reprimands. I am not going to tell you what, as it’s not our subject of discussion and we have much better things to talk.


Coming back to my good old college days, just like everyone I had colorful dreams about college and thought it to be like what they show in movies. I spent two whole months of summer holidays in beauty salons and malls with expensive cloth stores, getting myself geared up for the fun (as I thought it would be as they showed in movies). Finally the d-day came. As I was about to enter the campus, I saw her near the gate clad in a parrot green salwar with silver colored earrings. Her hair was curled and she had no bindi on her face. She was just looking like the one in the fairness cream advertisement. Please don’t ask me which ad. Awesome!!! I thought and proceeded to my classroom. I took a corner seat and saw a plump guy with a round face sitting beside me. He was black as tar from head to toe. The only things visible on his face were two white teeth on either sides of his jaw protruding like elephant’s tusks, and three grey marks across his forehead. He seemed to be a stereotypical geeky stuff. I thought of changing my seat, but it was the only convenient place to watch around for chicks without getting caught as I could see what’s happening outside the class and check if the principal was on rounds. By the way did I tell you that I was lucky enough to join a co-educational institution?

Reluctantly I sat there and waited for the item beside me to lift his head and look at me so that I can introduce myself. But he was so occupied with his ‘Concepts of Physics’ textbook by H.C.Verma that he didn’t even care to wipe away the sweat dripping from his face. By the way why am I telling you so much about him – may be because he was the only one who stood by me till the last.
See, i care a lot for my friends.

I sat there thinking about the girl in green and wished she was my classmate. To my utter surprise, I saw her walking towards our class and I was dumbfounded, just like everyone else in the class.

Days passed by and I felt I was getting closer to her (only me… and not she). But I never had the courage to express my love for her. I spent all the time staring at her, or dream about her if she wasn’t around me. One day as I was staring at her, my principal who was on his regular rounds of inspection caught me red-handed. Please don’t ask me what happened after that and I am not going to tell you that he made me kneel down under hot sun for two hours. Oops!!!Did I tell you something? Never mind… until it’s a secret between you and me. Even after this episode, the protagonist inside me never died and I kept on staring at her (this time with an extra level of caution) hoping she would acknowledge it.

If there was someone who knew about my secret crush, it was the geek beside me, who became my very close buddy eventually. He felt optimistic about only two things. One- He would get into IIT, and the other- I would never get that girl.

To prove him wrong, I struggled and struggled and finally gained courage to walk to the staff room and handed over the letter written and re-written spending many sleepless nights, to her. Wait… Did I hear you asking something? Oh… What was she doing in the staff room? Dude… She was my English teacher.


She read the letter and gave a big smile, enough to hypnotize thousand guys. And I ran away from there feeling a bit embarrassed. From then I never looked into her eyes and fortunately those were my final days in college.

She was the first one in my life on whom I had a crush and I still have the same feeling for her.

Of course Ma’am!!! I still love you….

5 comments:

  1. Whatte Story ya :) Mind Blowing.

    I lyk'd d caption. It's APT fr d story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely written pradeep.Good to have dared to dream as the way you did.
    And,please keep on sharing your secrets....which is rather a fresh lease of life for many of us because we too have been mischeivous best in our days...unfortunately not having so much courage to share everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice caption!! u strayed around with some repeated sentences which expressed the inexperience of yours as you poked to give more importance to you rather than the story. On the overall, you are going great.. keep up the good work... you have got it what it takes to become a good narrator!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is no english teacher in our college anna and the story is very very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orey Anonymous Avinash... It's my +2 story.. not the b.tech one

    ReplyDelete